SPB-Tours Baltic Sea
Baltic since 2006.
Let us help you plan the best
vacation in St. Petersburg,
Berlin, Tallinn, Helsinki,
Need help or more info?
you like by email or phone if you
have any questions, wishes, or
comments concerning your Shore
Excursions in the Mediterranean.
What our clients say
"Me and my family have just returned from our marvelous cruise in the Mediterranean. We booked all our tours and transfers with SPB Mediterranean. We used them in the Baltic before and were delighted. They are a first class outfit. They also have a 5 star rating on TripAdvisor. That is why we decided to book them again for our shore excursions in Barcelona, Livorno and Rome. We could not be happier with all their services, simply perfect in everything."
Ancient City of Ephesus and St. John's Basilica
You will meet your tour guide at the port of Izmir, right at the ship, and begin the 50 minute drive to the ancient city of Ephesus. You will tour on foot the Ancient City of Ephesus, built in the 10th centruy B.C. You will see the Forum, the Odeon, the Library of Celsus, the Thermal Baths of Scolastika and the Great Theater, built in the Greek era and reconstructed in the Roman period and more.
Next you will have lunch in a small garden away from the big groups and crowds. Starter (delicious Turkish Mezzes), Main Dish (grilled chicken and meat balls ), fruit (watermelon and grape). Drinks cost extra.
Next you will make your way to the Basilica of St. John, built in the 6th century to house his tomb chamber. It is believed that St. John spent his last years in the region around Ephesus, and 3 centuries after his death, a small chapel was constructed over his grave. During the reign of Emperor Justinian, the small chapel was changed into a marvelous basilica.
Before returning to Izmir, where you can either stay in town to shop or return directly to the cruise ship.
Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, Rome, Florence, Pisa and more.
save up to
Tour price includes the following services:
- English-speaking tour guide for the duration of the program.
- Air-conditioned transportation with safety belts and large windows, especially designed for sightseeing.
- Parking fees
- Entrance fee to the Ancient City of Ephesus and Basilica of St. John.
- Cost of lunch. (Sample menu: Turkish Mezzes, grilled chicken and meat balls, watermelon and grapes). Drinks cost extra!
Price does not include:
- Cost of drinks at lunch
- Gratuities to the guide or driver
- To see the ruins in Ephesus requires walking one mile over uneven surfaces. Comfortable walking shoes highly suggested.
- Sunglasses and sunscreen are recommended.